Monday, May 31, 2010

Thirty-Two Seconds Of Sunshine

There were approximately 32 seconds of sunshine at the house today. Of course, it happened when I was taking the garbage out, not when we were out for our walk, but whatever.
.
Amoryn was happy, and wanted her "hiccup" (hood up). I'm glad that I knit that sweater in an 8; I love it so well on her that I'd be sad if she outgrew it too soon.
.
She ran, and then...
.
...she read the book she insisted comes along. My girl; I'd ask mom for a similar story from my childhood, but we never walked to the mailbox. (It was uptown, & a drive.)
.
Question: Is Eleni a) asking how she'd look with a goatee or b) deciding whether she likes blackberries?
.
Answer: She's not so sold on blackberries.
.
I am sold on some fiber that I got today - at least, to look at & squish. Haven't started spinning it yet; it's Pigeonroof studios. There's a merino/cashmere/nylon blend that is nice, in a color that actually looks a little like Eleni's goatee, and a bfl/silk blend that I am completely & unreservedly in love with. It helps that it's the color of sunshine. Spinning it will be the final test, but I think I'm going to love them for a little while before I actually put them to the test. You know, a honeymoon phase.
.
And now I'm off to go & relax in the tub with a book. Maybe tomorrow there will be more sunshine? Maybe?*
.
.
*If you've heard the forecast and I'm wrong, please don't tell me.



No comments: