Thursday, April 23, 2009

Baby Pictures!

Oh, I just love a little skully alien baby. Don't you? So sweet. Less alien-like watching her when she moves, but the stills, well. Amoryn looked just as skull-y, and we all know how beautiful she is.

(Hi intarweb!)

.
We (obviously) went today for the first trimester ultrasound. I wanted to see the baby, waving his arms & legs; and the man wanted thought it was best to do the tests.
.

(Waving my arms!)
.
Turns out, we're both happy - Sandy waved her arms at me, and kicked, and the tests had good results. (We don't know what Sandy is yet - but we're going to find out in a couple months. Until then, I will do my best to alternate pronouns. Grandparents, I know you like a surprise, but honestly, I'm so bad at secrets.)
.
.
(Kicking my feet!)
.
It was a bit of a complex thing, given that the tests have results, and the results aren't always positive. I honestly couldn't decide whether or not I'd want to risk an amnio, if there was an offer of one, let alone any further thought processing. Thankfully, my brain can now quit worrying at that, & I can happily bask in the glow of having seen my hitch-hiker, who I think already looks a little bit like his big sister.
.

(Bye Intarwebs!)
.
Don't you think? I can totally see Amoryn's forehead there. And what a baby! 56mm long (crown to rump).
.
That's all. I'm a happy mom to a big girl, of swimming with her dad; and looking forward to meeting this new little alien baby. I'm going to go & celebrate by making banana bread. Actually, I was planning banana bread anyways, but I feel like celebrating, so... I'll probably celebrate by EATING the banana bread! Yes! That's a plan!
.
.
.
PS: Tribal eyelet was totaly anticlimactic - solid bright blue or bright green all-over eyelet. Borrrrring. But I did scoop some great deals on material for two dresses for Am & one for me!

2 comments:

Annie said...

oh! how beautiful he/she is! i'm really, really excited.

Kourtney said...

Me too! Little skully kid, with little wee hands & feet. I gettoally momma-mush brain over these pictures....