Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Oddly enough, she wasn't looking at my knitting today.


Feb 09, originally uploaded by Kourtney_R.

Although my knitting does get fairly regular (supervised) visits from Amoryn, today was not one of those days. But it was a knitting day! I haven't been knitting a lot, because, well, sleeping has been pivotal, but my knitting mojo has worked its way out from under the cruel thumb of the 1st Trimester Sleep Fairy.
.
It wasn't a solo knitting day, either - I spent a lot of the morning knitting on the socks while waiting for an appointment. An older gent waiting for his mother watched me the whole time, and we made a little small talk. I was very impressed with myself in that I did not knit myself into confusion, as has been my wont with the two simultaneous socks on two circular needles. I think there's an article or class that's called "Socks That Soar On Two Needles". For me, it's more like "Socks That Swear". Or, the "Knitter Who Swears At Her Socks"*.
.
(Nothing bad going on with us, FYI - Sandy & I are both ticking along nicely, eating HUGE quantities of whatever we want - and the man & the little girl were at work & daycare, respectively.)
.
After the morning, I was tired. So for a refresh, I stopped by my close favorite LYS, and spent a happy happy time petting yarn, & chatting. It was very restorative.
.
This evening was the Knitting Guild! I was Very Tired, but went anyway, & continued to work on the socks. It was very good as well - remind me that I signed up to bring snacks in October, okay?
.
And that reminds me... I need a snack before I hit the sack. Hm. Toast? Bagel? Cream cheese? Guacamole? Hmm. I need to further contemplate.



*Like "Dances With Wolves", but instead of Sioux (Cree?), it's allll curse words. Muttered, dire, unintelligble imprecations.

No comments: