Monday, April 06, 2009

Oh, I'm just terrible at secrets...

You know, I've been a little remiss at blogging lately. And there's a reason - I've been working on something that I haven't mentioned yet. And this blog really is a little bit of a conversation with mysef, and a little bit of a conversation with you. And keeping secrets sometimes feels like lieing, & while I may occasionally lie, I really hate lying to myself. So I'm going to tell you all about this latest project I'm working on... It's going to be a while yet, but intarweb, I know I can rely on you to keep mum* about it.
.
A little while ago the man brought me these from Safeway:
.
And I gave this back to him**:

.
And that, dear Intarweb, is why the lack of blog posts... any energy that isn't devoted to parenting a very-definitely two year old*** is being used up, um, this week: 1) sleep & 2) making bones & eardrums, apparently. (I feel really good - the only nausea I get is when my stomach is empty. And I'm also very tired.)
.
For now, the baby's working title is Sandy - he was conceived in Maui after all. Sandy is likely NOT what we will name the kid for real; we will find out what she is ahead of time; due date is in November; and telling Amoryn that we're going to have a baby is a little like talking about next Tuesday. It just doesn't really mean anything to her, although she hears the words. (And yes, this is according to plan - not the Original Plan, but an Updated Plan suggested by the man.)\.

.

(Oh, & for now, I would prefer to keep my office out of the loop - I have the sneaking suspicion that a maternity leave would look likea good layoff reason. I will tell them, just not yet. So, shhhhhhhhhhh, or sssssssssss, as Am says.)
.
Now I'm going to go & have a nap, or a snack, or both.
.
.
.
.
*Ha ha ha!
**I am touched/horrfied that the man bought the most highly advertised & digital test on the market. So sweet! So extravagant! At least it wasn't a negative, that would have been totally anti-climactic. And disappointing.
***"No! NO! NOOO!" Flail, flail, kick. Repeat as needed, until parent collapses in anxiety/exhaustion/defeat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Intrawebs congratulates you!