Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Bah, humbug.

Oh, what a crappy day. Mostly, anyways. Nothing epic & grand, and in fact there were some great parts (take-out Chinese with the girls! Yayayayayay!). But the low-grade dreck is winning out.
.
(Hmm. Not done whining yet, I still need to get a little more out. Sorry.)
.
The accounting program that I keep our books in had some sort of mental breakdown, & started a new year each time I opened up the program. Since I (sadly) have evolved to the point where I no longer do all the bookkeeping in one fell swoop, this means that our fiscal year end takes us into 2012. This is a problem, if you don't know much about accounting. I am trying to avoid re-keypunching the whole crappin' thing, but... arg.
.
Also, an unpleasant side effect of pregnancy is I cannot have any of the OTC meds that I like to use to make life tolerable in the spring (during mold season - everything hidden in snowbanks is rotting! Huzzah!). So I have a sinus headache that looks to stick around for another three weeks or so; usually once there's been a couple good rains & the streetsweepers, I improve.
.
I've been feeling nauseous too... blerg. A little morning sick, a little car-sick, a little sick-sick, bleh. It really socks in about three in the afternoon. The only things that seem to be palatable for supper are pale starches. So, last night I had spaghetti with a little butter. Tonight, chicken fried rice. It is no fun, & hopefully just a brief phase that Sandy is going through.
.
Man, I'm sick of me whining now. So let's change the subject to something that makes me happy:
.
New shoes.
.
I know that oxblood patent leather mules sound like they could be a tough pill to swallow, but looooook....

.
Aren't they gorgeous! I want to pet their shiny, shiny surface. They are so comfortable. And they have such a nice, roomy toebox that I can wiggle my toes like crazy. I am anticipating that these & my Mephisto sandals will all that you see on my feet* for the summer & fall.
Cute, no?
.
Also cute, no? (New outfit from Gramma D. Am took the vest off, though.)
.
Okay, back to the dreck accounting. Meh. I'll try to round up more happy for the next post.
.
.
.
*Exception for office outfits & maybe date nights.

No comments: