Wednesday, April 22, 2009

These things, they make me wonder.

I was just checking out the Fabricland flyer online - I'm on the hunt for ribbons & toggles for some small projects - and I noticed this:
.
You might not be able to see it, but there, at the bottom, on the left hand side, is advertised the following:
.
"TRIBAL RHYTHM EYELET"
.
There are some things that just don't seem like they should be juxtaposed.... and tribal eyelet is solidly one of those combinations.
.
This is what I think of when I think tribal:
Although, maybe you think of this:

.
And this is what I think of when I think eyelet:
.
(And the observant/clever/heirloom sewers amongst you are noting, correctly, that that is NOT eyelet. Insertions lace, with some pintucking, and...)
.
This is eyelet.
.
Although, given that eyelet frequently trims things like this...
.
I think I can be forgiven for sneaking the heirloom christening gown in there.
.
At any rate, I can't quite imagine what TRIBAL EYELET is going to look like, let alone what a person would do with it, 40% off or no. I'll update you after the trip to the store...

No comments: