Wednesday, April 01, 2009

If Only It Were A Joke

Sadly, despite the fact that it is April 1st, I don't think Amoryn is joking with me. I think we're going to coast down through our third day of flu, with a rising tide of head cold to look forward too.
.
She got sick (and I really mean that) Sunday at about midnight, and was up all night. The man & I made an excellent team, dividing & conquering the laundry, the bed remaking, the bucket rinsing, the toddler-washing, and the all-important baby*-comforting. He stayed home Monday, & I hauled my fuzzy** self to the office, where I plowed through a giant pile of office work That Needed To Be Done. That accomplished, I headed home, just in time to again swing into activity with the man as the Dazzling Duo of Laundry & Toddler Tidying.
.
She did sleep well, but was a complete limp spagetti noodle yesterday; not even the arrival of Gramma D & Grampa D could make her do anything other than blink. She's still drinking fluids, but has not much else other than cheerios***. And she was sick again when she went to bed last night, so again with the laundry. The poor menagarie have all been through the wringer - several times now! At least there's always been one buddy that's clean at a time, so she might not have Rowr & her Bear, & the rest all at once, but at least she had one.
.
Depending on what this evening & tomorrow brings, I may take her to the doc. I do think she's improving though - this mornng, as Dad threatened to tickle her, she said "No!", not just last night's "no". I feel the capitalization & punctuation of her 'no' really says a lot about how she's doing.
.
What else is new? Her birthday party is this weekend; I feel woefully unprepared, although it's not going to be a real dog & pony show. I think the biggest thrill (other than cake & presents) will be the helium balloons. I got a little portable tank of helium at Costco, & I've been excited about it ever since. I need to make a cake & get food. And wrap her little presents, all of which were ordered via internet & arrived in super time.
.
And the bruise on my arse is almost totally healed - I would have bet that sucker would hang on until July, but no. It's so faint that I couldn't even get a good pic with a tape measure****. Luckily, I tripped over some laundry this morning & barked the crap out of my shins, so I willstill have some nice bruises to admire & contemplate. Thanks, universe; you know how I enjoy that.
.
Speaking of laundry, the buzzer just went... More later, and I'll try to make it genuinely thrilling!
.

.
.
.
*When she's that sick, she's my baby. End of story.
**Literally, my hair. Figuratively, my state of mind & ablitily to focus.
***My version of easily portable dry toast or plain crackers.
****I did try, just to prove that it really was big. 5" x 11", easy.

No comments: