Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday's Sticky Notes

(A large amount of these are inspired by my darling, challenging girl.)
.
Dear husband,
I know you need to travel for work. If you line up this many trips in a row again, ... um. (Several options erased.) I will probably cry. (Several sentences erased due to undue self-pity.) Just so you know. Things that make pregnant ladies cry should be avoided if at all possible.
XOXO, K.
.
Dear boss,
I totally appreciated your response to my cancellation of our 9:00am meeting. (It was something along the lines of "No worries, I clearly remember those toddler days".)
.
Dear _____,
You need to take some time for yourself. Don't let your work consume you. Really. You'll have a better self for both work & home.
.
Dear ______,
I don't even know what to say. What's wrong with you? Are you crazy? Are you that insecure? are all questions that spring to the top of my mind. The real question is: do I have enough energy to keep being your friend if yo do this to yourself again? (The fact that you do not realize that you're doing it to yourself in no way mitigates the situation.)
.
Am, my darling sweet girl,
Supper was supposed to be a treat. You got apple juice & a piece of banana bread. How was this worth screaming, the acting up, and the rest of the drama? Sleep well & scream less tomorrow.
Love, Mom
.
Ladies at the yarn store,
I'm so glad that you're all there.
.
Cherry-stem hat,
Yes, I am not smart. Thank you for helping to illustrate that to me. Repeatedly.
.
Baby -
I'm sure enjoying you bomping around. I can't wait to meet you.
Mom.

No comments: