Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Good Karma, Good Laugh

S____ has fortuitously been in town for a couple days, and today she was headed downtown so I carpooled with her. I suggested we stop for a coffee; the idea was warmly accepted.
.
So she gets her soy latte & I get my princess coffee (mocha, no whip, no foam, whole milk sometimes at 140)*. We sit for a brief, well, sit, and I notice the pair having coffee just across from us. I suspect they're just work friends; not romantically involved. Both are clean, well put together, early to mid-thirties.
.
The middle button of her blouse is undone. I had a quiet conversation with S____ as to whether or not I should let her know - it was loud, & they were far away enough that I would have had to yell. I could have tried to catch her eye, but they were absorbed enough in their conversation that I would've looked crazy/stalker. You couldn't actually really see her bra, so I shrugged & decided to leave well enough alone.
.
On the way out, though, I had to tell her. What if she had an important meeting or something? I couldn't not say anything. So I just leaned down as I passed, & said "You have a button undone."
.
I kept going; S___ was behind me, and once we're out of the cafe, she bursts into laughter.
.
"That was awesome! She glared at him and said 'Why didn't you tell me?' He squirmed, and muttered 'I didn't notice...' She exploded: 'How could you not notice!' Wicked!"
.
Very funny. Very funny indeed.
.
(Also very funny: I, the original croch-idiot, helped S____ learn how to crochet last night & sort out a granny square. Wow!)
.
.
.
*I like getting princess coffees. Yes, they are expensive, but they are an occasional treat. And I get exactly what I want. And that's worth $5 some days.

No comments: