Friday, June 26, 2009

Wherein Our Issue Is Still Not Resolved

Well, I finally managed to get things sorted last night. I'd even started knitting into new yarn - you know, not yarn that has previously been knit into the hat, then frogged out, and I thought:
.
"This is going well; I should take a progress pic to show the intarweb that I can count!"
.
The universe heard me, natch; and so I've spent the last 43 minutes trying to sort out what is going on with this row. I still don't have my (simple) lace pattern really clearly established - I think in another couple repeats, I will be able to see more clearly WTF is going on.
.
I've knit portions of this row at least three times. And when I thought I finally had it - my stitch count didn't work at the end of the row.
.
I finally figured it out; I did it to myself WITH THE VERY FIRST STITCHES IN THE ROW. It's YO, K2, yadda yadda, not YO, K1, YO K2, yadda yadda. So the whole row must go!
.
On the upside, I've got a working title for this hat now - no, not "YOU @%%$$ POS" - the hat isn't to blame. It's me. I admit it.
.
So it's the cherry stem hat. Was it ever in vogue for your crowd to prove that they could tie a cherry stem in a knot with their tongue? It seems like an easy task; clearly understood, seemingly easily accomplished by others...and yet. I am challenged, despite the cleverness I thought I possessed. I guess I could call it the humble pie hat, too, but somehow naming a hat after a pie seems like it's a lead up to some kind of vaudeville act.
.
Which might be okay too, now that I think about it, but I like the cherry stem hat better. I'm sure the knitting fates & the universe shall present many more examples to feel humbled.
.
Oh look. As I ripped out the row discussed earlier, I discovered that I'd botched the row before that too. The row where ALL I HAVE TO DO IS KNIT UNTIL THE MARKER. Oh well. I'm going to go & have a shower; maybe I can wash my hair successfully... although yesterday, I totally glitched & shampooed my hair like three times because I kept forgetting to grab the conditioner, not the shampoo. Yeah, I guess it is baby brain.

No comments: