Sunday, June 14, 2009

A much better day!

Yes, yesterday was much better. Happy little girl, happy yardwork, happy sunshine.
.
Today, however, the Amster is working on a canine tooth, which (appropriately enough) is being accompanied by howling. One more hour until we can dose with Tylenol again.
.
And I've got the Itch. It's been building for a couple days, and I'm afraid it's turned into a full-blown case. You know the Itch, don't you? You could also call it the Crank. No matter what I plan, or do, or even think about doing, it's not what I want.
.
It happens sometimes, for no reason that I've been able to figure out. Sometimes, it will go away on its own. Sometimes, it helps if I start something new. Sometimes, it helps if I finish something old.
.
And sometimes, the only thing to do is it still for a while & let it pass.
.
I've tried a couple things so far - my "to start" list isn't tantalizing me at all, so I'm working on finishing things. Today's slated completion is the books.. which have been vexing me for some time now, due to a corrupted file & the potential re-entry of an entire year pf bookkeeping. (*hairball noise*).
.
So, I'm going to apply my building orneriness to accounting, which probably deserves it, instead of Am & the man, who don't.
.
To pass the time until nap time, we're going to the grocery store, where I will continue to mull how badly I want homemade sugar cookies, and whether it's worth* the mess & the heat. With some luck, Am will enjoy the trip & be distracted from her teeth. And if she pitches a fit in the produce aisle, I'm in the kind of mood today where I might just join her!
.
If you see two people, screaming & thrashing by the avocadoes, do stop & say hello.
.
.
.
*Also, the potential failure - I have trouble with sugar cookies. Recipes that use some cream cheese seem to be more reliabel for me, but still a little iffy. And I was thinking about gingersnaps - a solid success - but I don't WANT gingersnaps....

No comments: