Monday, June 01, 2009

New, new, new!

I'm going to head out & plant some new annuals - but the keyboard is working Right Now, so I thought I'd blog some real quick. Things that are new, in the last month or two!
.
The man is done the garden renos - 4 giant bags of dirt, a lot of deconstruction, reconstruction, & rototilling later, and we have this luscious veggie patch. Doesn't the dirt look like velvet? (And I mean the really nice cotton velvet - not velveteen, not that rayon/acrylic crap either.) I haven't taken any photos of the pods yet -they only got done yesterday.
.
I did take a photo of Am appreciating the tulips - it was a little overcast, but I did talk her into wearing her headband on her head, not as a mask. (Which is what she prefers.)
.
I also got a new a haircut - sorry no photos. But here's me & my old haircut with some yarn that I ordered to make a poncho/cape out of. I'm in love with the fiber content, and when it came on full-bag sale, I couldn't resist. I thought I could always overdye the "hot pink" if I needed. And surprise! I love it. It's more of a cerise, and while I may not look terribly true to color, the yarn is fairly well represented. Still no progress - it's rolling around in my subconscious. I have several good ideas though, and anticipate the launch once I'm done a hat I'm working on.
(I'm not really that pale, am I?)
.
Another color (or seven, plus lace & glitz) is on a pile of new knickers I got myself. Fairly cheapies, but I figured that bright circus gitch are going to be better for my self-esteem than the terrible, pastel, maternity gotch.
(Cheery, no? For a $1/pair, how could I go wrong. I spent more on the bra*, but still. Cheap like borscht & bright like Vegas showgirl.)
.
And these swooned their way into my life - they were on sale for $33 from $85. (Gravity Pope is having a sale on their sale items.) They're sneaker wedges - Nanette Lepore for Keds. Lurve them.
.
I wore them on a date with Am & the man last week. And they make me happy. I'm looking forward to wearing them to the office at least once. But for now, I'm throwing on my garden clogs & heading out the door! (Oh! I also found new gardening gloves that are both narrow enough & long enough for my hands! Huzzah!)
.
.
.
*I was going to say "But I wear bras more...", but that's not exactly true. It's actually no where near true. It's more like, I don't mind underwear, but I actively dislike almost every bra I've ever owned, & I learned long ago that the cheap bras make you pay more. They will gouge you & scrape you & leave welts on your tener flesh. Bah, bad bras.

No comments: