Friday, June 19, 2009

Oh wow man...

This was originally a brief post about the first image - you see, I've been looking through the Garn Studio's free patterns. And there are sure some finds...
.

Doesn't that face make you want to knit those mittens? It makes me want to knit them, at any rate. I'm also imagining a) the photo shoot & b) what the rejected proofs looked like.
.
But I couldn't resist sharing this with you. This is stunning. I could maybe see making the hat if it was really supposed to be a tea cozy... but why would a grown woman make this for herself? (I should totally make one for S_____. I can totally imagine her wearing that out in the field.)
.
They do have some brilliant designs though. This is in sock yarn, but there's another with the same short-row shaping for women. I wonder if I could Franken-gauge a sweater that would fit Am out of the baby & the lady's pattern?
.
This one gets my attention every time I go through the Garn patterns. I like it more all the time; maybe in a year or so I'll be ready to commit to actually trying to make it. I'm sure my skills are adequate; but I get AADD really badly. (You know AADD? Artistic Attention Deficit Disorder?) Right now, my girth is expanding in a directly inverse ratio to my ability to focus, so I think I'm going to try & keep my projects small &/or simple. I've got lots of ideas; the execution ability is getting a bit impaired, that's all.
.
I'm going to go & eat something then to bed. Later tater!

No comments: