Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Several Open Post-It Notes

(As opposed to an open letter.) (And yes, I have big post-its. Like, 4" x 6". Lined.)
.
Shawl That Counting/Yarn: I love you. You are very soothing too me, despite the yarn puke business & your resistance to spit splicing. (I know that's just because you're a superwash, & that your merino self & I will be very glad of your washability later on, once we're nursing.) I am enjoying this knit so much.
.
Quesadilla I Had For Lunch: Why are you so angry at me? Were you & your salsa-y goodness jealous of the wild red prints of my dress, and that's why you were lunging so forcefully towards my lap? Or was it that the tale of the terrible woman who comes regularly to consume your brethren that inspired you to resistance? Either way, I won (*burp*).
.
Mindless Drone Coworker Who Has Been Laid Off: I know I sort of promised to quit vilifying you. But it's so hard! First, you misnumbered the XXXXXXXX. Then you noticed the mistake, but you didn't fix it, you just put a sticky on saying "Shud be 003". I don't even know what to say, other than I vaguely regret that I am so happy that we don't work together anymore. You made so many mistakes, & they continue to haunt me. Not that I'm perfect, but geez. Shud? You shud know better.
.
Cool Guy On The Train: First, you look so cool. Around my age, good haircut, impeccable pinstripe suit. (Niiiice. Not Gangsta, not Gangster, just a really well cut suit.) And you were even nice too - as we both approached the same seat, either you noticed my look of nervousness*, or you just decided to be cool and pause in such a way that it looked perfectly natural that you didn't get to the seat first, but you obviously let me have the seat. Either way, my motion sick self thanks you.
.
Amoryn: I am always so happy to get you from daycare. I don't know if it's because you're happy to see me too, or if it's because I missed you all day, but I really, truly be live that working in the office part time & you being in daycare part time is so good for both of us. And I love you lots. I wish you didn't get so many colds & that they wiped your nose more often at daycare, but whatevs. Booger, schmooger. Give me a hug. My girl.
.
Thighs & Lungs: When did you get so pathetic? I mean, I know we made it from Victoria to Kelowna on a bike together (apart from that water section by ferry - couldn't find a paddleboat, hah), so what has happened? When did 4 very easy, very flat kilometers become so hard? And don't even talk to me about the toddler in the bike trailer. That's way easier than the luggage on the trip. You're on notice - time to improve. (I know, we're carrying a baby & all, but seriously. This has to improve, or labour will be even less fun that it already is.)
.
Feet & Brains: Thanks for remembering how to do your jobs, guys. Feet, good work on the clipless pedals/cleats. There was no panic wobble/tip over. Brain - I'm so pleased that a) at one point you put the allen keys in the frame bag & b) you remember how to make the appropriate adjustments on the brakes. (Not just random fiddling for show.)
.
Husband: Wicked supper. Mmmmmm. Thanks for a) making me pregnant & b) making me a delicious supper that I ate enough of that I look about 3 months more pregnant than I am. You're so cool.
.
Tulip Cardi: I think I'm going to frog you. You're really pretty, but your fabric is just to dense to drape like the versions I most admired on Ravelry. I've learned that looks can be deceiving, and I want you to think about what you've done, and how you can behave better next time. I'll think about it too.
.
Dear Couch: My arse & I are coming to plant ourselves in your cushions. Get ready for some serious potato action.
.
PS: Dear Blogger Spellcheck: Ravelry is so a word, & so is superwash.
.
.
.
*I was girding my loins for the "Please give me your seat because I;m pregnant & the train makes me really sick if I'm standing" speech.

No comments: