Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Have The Sweetest Husband

I really do. He's fabulous.
.
The man has been away since Sunday. Despite the brief & stellar presence of Auntie S____, Am misses her daddy very much, which she expresses as intense rage*, which interprets vocally as "WAAAAAAAAIGHAAAAHAHH". And maybe I'm a delicate flower, but my day gets thrown when it begins with a solid hour or two of that focused at me.
.
So the surprise the man arranged for me was completely unexpected, and it arrived at the best time. We got home, and there was a parcel on the front step.
.
It was from Hammacher Schlemmer; which, along with Lee Valley, has become a catalogue of choice in our household.**
.
My little treat this week has been knitting with some exquisite Egyptian cotton yarn I picked up from the Knitting Room, so I think you can imagine my delight and astonishment when I cracked the box open & found (drum roll please).
.
The poshest, most luxurious, Egyptian cotton, 1500 thread count sheets. Stunning.
.
What an incredible way to brighten up my day. They're just hanging now; I promised not to sleep on them until the man get home. One of the nicest things about posh sheets is the fact that I will still feel fabulous in them; even once I'm big enough that I can't roll over without concerted effort.
.
So I think that perhaps sleep won't be first on the list of things to do once we go to bed.
.
.
.
.
*Right. I'll put this on the list: it's important to recognize & honor your emotions, and even if they make you uncomfortable, you shouldn't substitute other emotions for them. Another thing on the list: potty training.
**I haven't got Victoria's Secret in paper for years - better deals online. Also, there's a pregnancy moratorium on nice lingerie. (Anyone remember the Wally World bra fiasco?) Am does like Sears, but I think that's more a quantity than quality thing.

1 comment:

annie said...

ohhhh... how lucky you are! there is nothing on the planet which is better than excellent sheets. i'm glad they are yours. xoxo