Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Tuesday's Open Sticky Notes

(First, baby ultrasound pics but no gender spoilers! Second, I poured most of my brainpower into the office today. And third, I put all of my willpower into convincing the babe to let us see what's going on! So. Sticky notes again.)
.
Dear Ultrasound Lady: Thank heavens that you took a quick image of my cervix & then let me go & pee three cups full. I cannot express how this made me fell, although I almost lunged towards you for a full-tongue french-kiss. Thankfully, i did not, as my bladder would have exploded & I would have peed my pants & had to wear a paper dress to work.* Also, that would have been weird because you had a giant tube of heated jelly for my belly.
.
Dear Ultrasound Lady, Part II: Thank you so much for letting us know that everything looks good with the baby! And thank you for checking to see what Sandy is!
.
Sandy: Thanks for letting us know!** We're so excited & pleased to see you. Words cannot express. Love Mommy & Daddy.

.
Dear Mom: I know you think it's wrong to find out on ultrasounds what the baby is, but look what else you can see! The four chambers of the heart!

(Oh, wow, um... gross?)
.
And feet!

(Awwwwww... no need to count toes once Sandy's born!)
.
Quesadilla: Yum. I appreciate you more every time we meet. I'm especially delighted by the discovery that you are tasty cold, as leftovers, as well as fresh & hot.
.
Dear T_____ (at work): Thank you for snorting in disbelief at how tiny my belly is for 18 weeks. I don't even care if you're mentally comparing me to your wife who just had twins. It still made me feel good.
.
Lady Crossing The Street With Her Dog: You know, I talk to Am using that exact same sentence structure & intonation. Interesting. I wonder if it's more effective on golden labs or toddlers?
.
Dear ______ & ________ : I realize that no matter what I say to you, you will never hear me. That's okay. It's a good way to practice my positive attitude & points of view. After a certain point though, I get tired of you talking to me, without listening to my responses. I may take a while off. Don't take it personally if I avoid you, although it is you. You will probably never read this & realize it's you that I'm talking about. And that's okay too.
.
Dear Yarn: I love you and can't resist you. I got some new stuff today, to make something for Am & Sandy & myself. The colors are lovely & I shall post them, once I am keen enough to find my camera. (I did show them off to the man, & he expressed puzzlement as to my color choices for Amoryn. Rest assured, I have a vision.)
.
Dear Popcorn: I am coming for you. NOM NOM NOM.
.
(Bye Sandy! Great spine you got there!)
.
.
.
.
.
*Yeah, right. I would have worn a paper dress to the maternity store just over there *point*, then worn something new to the office, with a wadded up ball of shame left in a plastic bag in my car.








**See Facebook or email me if you want to know. I will try & keep it a secret here on the blog, for the sake of the grands who don't want to know.

No comments: