Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Oooo, Nice.

I have to say, I am feeling quite brilliant today. Not necessarily smart, but like I'm so happy & content that I'm almost a light source in & of myself.
.
(Note: Not bragging, just trying to recognize & appreciate. I know that life is not usually quite so great. Not sure if it's the baby hormones, the weather, or the yoga. I'll take it. Universe, this is not a challenge; we both know that I'm running solo parent for the next 4 days, and my daughter is teething. I know that this mellow will some, erm, shift its focus. But it's nice right now.)
.
It's Wednesday, you see, so I've already been to yoga. Then I ran into an exboyfriend, and I felt really good about that because a) I'm all happy & serene & junk* & b) I did a good deed & told him about gripe water - he's been a dad for all of a week now, & looked tired & a little burnt out.
.
Then I spent $150 dollars on less than one bag of groceries. Sigh. I remember when I was single, & broke, how I would really try not to run out of shampoo & tampons at the same time, because it would screw my grocery budget. Now, it's running out more than one kind of vitamins at a time & getting some cleaning supplies too. (I've been taking a whole food, three a day, prenatal vitamin. Rests in my stomach well, I can digest the iron okay. It's just bleepin' expensive. And I'm not even taking the priciest.)
.
And maybe the organic real-juice gummi-bears come into it too - but they really do taste fantastic! (I did a comparison. Regular gummis, real-juice gummis, & real-juice organic gummis. Organic won hands down. Sadly, they are about a million dollars a kilo, so I indulge rarely.)
.
At any rate, once I got home, I decided to bring my office outside, & catch up on some computer stuff - namely, organizing photos, roughing out some patters, updating projects on Ravelry (I'm mrsrobinson), etc. So I did this:
.
(Can we hear a cheer for laptops & wireless networks? Not to mention decks & umbrellas?)
(Hula hoops in background are for Am's entertainment & have no real functionality as part of my office.)
.
And this is my view:
.
The cherry tree is just starting to blossom, the mayday tree is in bloom, and I can see the tulips stretching up. My 'it's going to be a hat' might actually move into the hat stage of its life soon. Sandy is bomping around happily. Life is good.
.
How's your day?
.
.
.
* I can't be the only person who always seems to run into exes when tired & haggard.

No comments: