Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's a much better day.

The man is home, the teeth are not so awful, and things are doing well in the garden.
.
I took some pictures the other day; I think this is my favorite. The shy snowdrop anemones.
.
The left half of the yard...
.
The right half - the "C" of the yard.

.
The purple french lilac, which is along the back fence. It's growing verrrry slowly, but smells verrry fine when it blooms.
.
The peony buds, for which I have been waiting patiently. They're actually open today, but so drenched in rain that they have no fragrance at all. Maybe I'll cut some tomorrow to bring in.
.
And the orange strawflowers, up on the deck in pots! The man isn't overly fond of them, but I kind of get a kick out of them & I thought the girl would enjoy their texture.
.
Also, orange is a color that she seems to get right every time. And do we need a better reason to choose flowers?

No comments: