Monday, June 15, 2009

Improved! Now with less rancor!

Yes, I did quest forth bravely to joust against the dragons lurking in their lairs.
.
I did make some progress with the files; and I think I'll have a solid result in about another hour of two. (Not tonite, no! Heavens. I need more attention for that than I do for lace knitting, yo.) The good news is, the fix will have taken less time than re-keying the entire year. The bad news is, the difference is only about an hour. And it would've taken far less brain sweat. Ah well. I needed to sink my teeth into something today, & the accounting files were it. And it's the principle of the thing. (The man asked if I was done. I said "Well, I certainly have something that's very reasonable looking right now - but I want to do a little more proofing and make sure it's right." He figured that was worth the extra time.)
.
The second half of the day was entirely more mellow the first - I think Am's teeth (or tooth - I think it was the upper canine on the left right side) is either cut through or taking a break. We didn't go to the store after all, because the keys for the car were AWOL, and the man had taken the other car to the dump, then to get more gravel. I made the executive decision to say screw it, and we went & sat in the swing & read a book for an hour or so.
.
It was very mellow, and I think I needed that more than sugar cookies.
.
(I still got unsalted butter & cream cheese later though. Just in case.)

No comments: