Monday, March 16, 2009

A Blueberry Girl


Have I ever mentioned how much I adore my daughter, and how many hopes and dreams I have for her?
.

I actually try not to build up too many - I want to let her develop her own direction; and not get her too lost in my dreams, you know. But I found this the other day, and it details perfectly everything I do hope for her. (Except for maybe a Nobel prize.)
.
It's by one of my favorite authors - and while I don't always love everything he does, this, this is amazing and almost makes me cry every time I hear it. I think I'll get Am the book for her birthday. The link below leads to an animated reading of the poem.
.
.
As a note - if you are familiar with Neil Gaiman's wok, this has none of the spooky. If you don't read his work, be aware: this is not wholly representative of most of his writing. His children's titles (that I've read) include The Day I Swapped My Dad For Two Goldfish, The Night The Wolves Came Out Of the Walls; and Coraline (which is a movie now & seriously, that book made me jump in a way that no other book ever has).

No comments: