Monday, March 09, 2009

Oh my lands.

Well, there's a great post, waiting in the wings, but I can't get the images to work.
.
It's the continuing takes of the Remote Knitter, and it's awesome.
.
But it's a million times more awesome with the images. So I'm going to wait & get them out of her camera when she gets here. Until then, this was one of today's random funny things:
.
(Me, working away at the office. Voice over loudspeaker:)
.
*garble static "Ball Zeitchy, 228, Ball Zeatchie, 228."
.
(Me, to myself: What???? I know we're a multicultural workplace & all, but really? We have someone named Ball Zeitchie? That can't be right. What the heck kind of ethnicity would that be?)
.
*garble static "Ball Zeitchie, 228, Ball Zeitchie, 228."
.
(Me, to myself: It can't be something that sounds so much like "Balls Itchy". It must partially be the receptionist's accent. I am not going to go & look for Balls in our gloabl address book.)
.
And I didn't. It also occurred to me today - upon being met by two muchkin scaled creatures, swathed in primary-colored down jackets, contrasting toques & scarves, & snow pants - that winter would be a great time for the aliens to invade. I mean really, why aren't there any movies about that? It'd be easy to wait for February, pop over to MEC, thrown on something like this:

...and take over the world*. I mean, why bother with elaborate masks? Just use a balaclava. Even if they were green & slimy, meh, people would just offer a kleenex, and think they've got a a terrible cold.
.
.
.
*Or a bunch of area around the poles, for sure. Maybe harder when this is the daily ensemble:

No comments: